Are you aware of Rotary in Sherborne?
Rotary has had a presence in Sherborne since 1936 when the first Rotary club opened in the town. Since then thousands of pounds have been raised for local organisations in the town and thousands of hours have been given freely by Rotarians to support people in our local community.
We must have touched the lives of thousands of people and made hundreds of friends.
Could you be a friend of Rotary?
Life has changed since those early days in 1936 and so has Rotary. Part of that change is to develop a network of supporters who understand Rotary, who may want to work with us, or who may want to help us with our activities in the town.
Why become a Friend of Rotary?
Anybody who has a concern and interest in helping others, who is interested in meeting other like minded people or who wants to support Rotary activities can be ‘a Friend of Rotary’ and can learn more about the voluntary work we do in our community and worldwide.
- If you enjoy meeting other people but don’t have time to join a club, we may invite you to some of our social activities.
- If are interested in volunteering we can offer opportunities to help us with our fund raising activities.
- If you are a local charity you may want to know more about how our activities could help you.
- For less “hands on” support of Rotary in Sherborne, our Friends may wish to sponsor our fund raising events, or donate to Rotary’s global activities.
- You may simply want to know more about Rotary so that you can spread the word about the work we do.
How do I become a Friend of Rotary?
- There is no fee for becoming Friend of Rotary.
- Simply click on this link to send us an email to tell us you would like to be a Friend of Rotary. From time to time we will email you about our activities and may invite you to an event or activity.